Soy Sauce Chicken. A delicious, fast, and easy recipe for any week night dinner. The chicken comes out flavorful with a sweet and tangy glaze. Serve with rice and steamed snow peas for a complete meal.
But soy sauce is so flavorful that it can handle the job all by itself. What to serve with soy sauce chicken Soy Sauce Chicken or "See Yao Gai" is a quintessential Cantonese favorite, found hanging under heat lamps in many Chinatown restaurant windows. You'll find it near the poached chickens, roast ducks, and roast pork.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, soy sauce chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
A delicious, fast, and easy recipe for any week night dinner. The chicken comes out flavorful with a sweet and tangy glaze. Serve with rice and steamed snow peas for a complete meal.
Soy Sauce Chicken is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Soy Sauce Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook soy sauce chicken using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
Ingredients requirements of Soy Sauce Chicken:
- Give 1.6 kg – Bone-in Chicken Thigh OR Drumsticks.
- Give 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Require 1/2 cup – Sake (Rice wine) OR Chinese Shaoxing Wine.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Water *add slightly more if required.
- Prepare 1/4 cup for White Sugar.
- You need 2 cloves – Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Spring Onion *cut to 10cm.
- Require 1 of Dry Chilli.
- Prepare 1 for Star Anise.
- Give 1 for small piece Ginger *thinly sliced.
- Give 1 Cinnamon Stick.
All have their merits, but a Soy Sauce Chicken done right is tough to beat. An easy recipe for baked soy sauce chicken thighs. I make chicken recipes quite a lot for my family (these baked chicken drumsticks are a big hit around here), so I'm always on the lookout for ways to make things more interesting. This is especially important to my husband and me.
Soy Sauce Chicken start cooking:
- Combine Soy Sauce, Sake (OR Chinese Shaoxing Wine), Water and Sugar in a pot. Place Chicken pieces, skin side facing up, and add other ingredients. Cover with a lid..
- Bring to the boil over medium heat, and reduce the heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Occasionally pour the sauce over the Chicken..
- Carefully turn over the Chicken pieces, skin side facing down now, cover with the lid, and simmer for 30 minutes. Occasionally pour the sauce over the Chicken. Allow to rest in the sauce for 10 minutes..
- Transfer the Chicken pieces to a plate. Drain the sauce and remove the vegetables from the sauce, but save the Ginger slices as they are very tasty, and remove the fat on the surface as much as you can. *Gravy Separator is a brilliant tool to remove unwanted fat..
- Boil the sauce for 5 minutes or until slightly thickens..
- Serve the Chicken with the sauce and Ginger slices, some green vegetables and freshly cooked rice..
Soy sauce chicken (See Yao Gai/Si Yau Kai / 豉油鸡) is a famous Cantonese cuisine that is easy to prepare. The flavor is exceptional, achieving by using the top quality premium soy sauce and poach at a sub boiling temperature. Simple Soy Sauce Chicken Haiku: "Used as marinade and stir-fried chicken instead. It should be as popular as char siu when steamed with steamed rice. One of the essential key step for this easy and brilliant chicken recipe is to purchase high quality soy sauce.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food soy sauce chicken recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!