Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style. Stir in, rice vinegar, bourbon, red chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch into saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil. Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style This takeaway style Chinese dish originated in America in New Orleans and is a Cajun/Chinese fusion dish.
Editor's Note: Named Bourbon Chicken because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, bourbon chicken chinese takeaway style. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Stir in, rice vinegar, bourbon, red chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch into saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil. Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style This takeaway style Chinese dish originated in America in New Orleans and is a Cajun/Chinese fusion dish.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have bourbon chicken chinese takeaway style using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style:
- Need 2 chicken breasts or 4 thighs cut into bite sized pieces,.
- Prepare 1 double shot of bourbon, (50 ml),.
- Require 2 – spring onions, chopped (use green sections to garnish),.
- Give 2 tbsp – soft dark brown sugar,.
- Need 1 tsp for red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger paste, or grated ginger,.
- Need 2 for garlic cloves, crushed,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar,.
- Provide 2 tbsp – ketchup,.
- Need 1.5 tbsp – light soy sauce,.
- Need 1 tbsp for cornflour, diluted into around 200ml cold water,.
- Provide Cooking oil for frying.
- You need – Serving suggestions:.
- Give of Steamed white rice or noodles to serve.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Bourbon chicken gets its name from the sauce that the chicken is coated in it's an American-Chinese marinade style sauce. After cooking the chicken, you will mix it with your homemade sauce.
Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style steps:
- Heat up a wok over a high heat and add in the cooking oil. Premix the sauce by combining together the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, chilli flakes, bourbon and sugar..
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir fry for two minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic plus the whites of the spring onion. Fry for a further 2-3 minutes, moving the ingredients around the wok..
- Pour in the pre mixed sauce and coat the chicken by tossing it around the wok. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Add in the water/cornstarch solution. Simmer and reduce down until the sauce thickens up nicely and is a glossy brown. Plate up, serve with your choice of side and garnish with the greens of the spring onion and enjoy. :).
Then, the sauce soaks into the grilled chicken to make the perfect combination to top off rice or mixed veggies. Becca absolutely loves the bourbon chicken at the Chinese restaurant in the food court, and I have made special trips to the mall just to get the chicken! Most of the recipes out there are either attempts to copy the New Orleans original (this is really nothing like that) or some sort of barbecue type sauce. Dice chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and sauté in very hot pan or WOK with the peanut oil until lightly browned on the outside. Add liquid mixture to the chicken and reduce heat to medium.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food bourbon chicken chinese takeaway style recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!